Ho Ho Ho
Hmmm, you’ve reached an older feature - let’s get you up to date! Read our latest Competitions features here.
This is my lovely Muddy peeps – the last competition of the year.
My original intention was to do a 12 days of Christmas special and give away a gift a day, but alas, my Boutique and general knackerdom has got in the way of that one!
Instead, I’m giving away 8 really fantastic gifts, and will let you know the winner of all on the 26th, at which point I will be heading straight off to the Muddy drinks trolley for a G&T deluxe.
So what can you win? Only £1350 of goodies!
Only the world’s first touchscreen watch, my friends! A late, great addition to the Christmas giveaway, Mutewatch features a solid coloured band (available in 6 colours – you choose the one you want), a silent vibrating alarm and a hidden touchscreen that comes alive with either the touch of a finger or a flick of a wrist. The screen lights up with an effervescent glow that adds another colour dimension to the watch, with extra functions including a clock, timer, and 5 alarms (which seems a bit greedy, but what do I know?) each accessible with a swipe of the screen. Tech-tastic!
2. 235 Made For Life, Aldernay tote bag, £345
You’ll be seeing this bag in the superdacious big stores next year, but I’ve managed to get my grubby hands on this fantastic 235 holdall six months early. Made in conjunction with the RNLI (the name comes from the 235 lifeboat stations around the country) 75% of the bag’s fabric is taken from original RNLI kit that would otherwise just get thrown away, hence the cool, casual designs have distinctive touches such as emergency pull tags, d-rings and webbing. A fantastic fashiony idea, no? This holdall is perfect for him or her, for gym kit, shopping, or let’s face it, or just carrying around for the hell of it, because, frankly, it just looks so damn good.
3. Rob Wheal family photoshoot and framed print, £380
Didn’t get around to that family portrait this year? Book it in for 2014, because you can win a free family portrait shoot with a framed 16 x 12 print courtesy of the wonderful photographer Rob Wheal. Rob is one of Oxfordshire’s top portrait and wedding snappers, and he’s kindly donating his time for free, just because he loves Muddy! Check out his work here and then keep your fingers firmly crossed until 24 Dec when I pull the winners.
4. Teresa Mills mosaic picture, £250, from LiveLuxe Interiors
I love love love the bijou LiveLuxe Interior Design in Wendover, a tiny little shop crammed full of goodies like this mosaic artwork from Teresa Mills. LiveLuxe owner Trixy is just checking whether the picture can be personalised – but either way it’s a fantastically stylish, kitsch addiction to a living space, and I WANT IT!!
LiveLuxe Interior Design, Barn Courtyard, 25 High Street, Wendover, HP22 6DU Wendover. www.facebook.com/LiveluxeInteriorDesign.
5. His n Hers Corgi cashmere bedsocks, £170
Get cosy with your toesies wearing these 100% pure cashmere double cable knit bedsocks from luxury knitwear specialists Corgi. Each pair is made individually on a hand knitting machine by a highly skilled worker at the workshop in Carmarthenshire. Choose from a wide variety of colours including pistachio, purple and festive red.
6. Dana Levy silk damask jewellery roll, £110
Dana Levy’s designs have been featured in Vogue, Glamour, Harpers Bazaar, Grazia, Red and Elle, and now she’s appearing in Muddy Stilettos she surely feels like she’s truly made it (what, I’m not joking!). This silk damask jewellery roll case is a perfect gift for those who really love their jewellery. Exquisitely made, it comes with several convenient compartments in various different sizes, each with a discreet zip with small decorative Hamsa hand charms. The roll ties up with a luxurious satin ribbon for easy storage.
7 & 8 Book bundles by Prestel, £100
Bundle for adults:
1. The first comprises this generously illustrated book on the work of Lucian Freud, and also explores his interest in historical art and the influence it had on his paintings. Edited by Sabine Haag and Jasper Sharp, (£35, hardback).
2. The English Room by Derry Moore (£29.99 hardback, a handsome volume filled with perceptive photographs of some of England’s most renowned figures, from Alan Bennett and Paul Smith to James Dyson and Jeanette Winterson, as they share their favourite spaces.
3. 50 Fashion Designers You Should Know by Simone Werle (£9.99 paperback) – kind of does what it says on the tin! Fashion history in the making over the 100 years, from Coco Chanel to Karl Lagerfeld.
Bundle for kids:
1. My Big Book of Art & Illlusion (£17.99). This children’s book is a fab look at artistic illusions through the ages. From mural paintings dating back to Pompeii through examples from nearly every modern movement, Silke Vry reveals how artists fool their audiences with visual tricks, puns, and hidden clues.
2. The Great Art Treasure Hunt (£9.99) This ingenious book employs great works of art from a variety of genres and periods to ask children engaging questions. Children are invited to play “I Spy” with colours and objects in a medieval tapestry, a Renaissance mural, an aboriginal work from Australia. In addition, each artwork is accompanied by a brief description for older readers, so they can, er, pretend they know what they’re talking about!
So there you go, £1100 worth of prizes just for you.
WANT TO WIN? Of course you do!
This comp is super-easy to enter.
1. Sign up for free for the Muddy Stilettos blog. Please note you must do this step to enter the competition. If you’re already signed up, you’re entered once already.
2. You can enter a further two times by following me on twitter and facebook
I’ll draw the prizes, half-cut on G&T (and that’s a promise!), on Boxing Day, so keep your peepers peeled. Someone has to win, it may as well be you!