Hmmm, you’ve reached an older feature - let’s get you up to date! Read our latest Competitions features here.
I’m SO excited about this competition, and you are the lucky dabbers who can enter it!
How would you like to win a £800 weekend for two at Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s River Cottage and the 5 star Cranberries Hideaway on the Dorset/Devon borders? I know, amazing isn’t it?!
As you know, River Cottage is home to Whittingstall’s cookery and chef school, is the inspiration for his cookery books, and the base for his campaigns to improve the welfare and sustainability of animals and fish. It’s also located in a truly beautiful part of England, a few miles away from Lyme Regis and the gorgeousness of the Southern English coast, and set in rolling hills with stupendous views. Frankly, it’s near-as-dammit perfect.
This is a really flexible competition, and will hopefully appeal to lots of you.
1. Basically you’ll be given £360 of River Cottage vouchers to use as you please. If you’re really into cooking you and your plus one can do a day cooking course (from bread or cheese making, fish, gluten free and many others), or you can use the weekend as a break and use the vouchers to eat at River Cottage instead. Very romantic *sigh*.
2. You’ll also have two nights of five star accommodation at the gorgeous 5 star self-catering Cranberries Hideaway, recently-converted 18th century barns set in 100 acres of private countryside and just a mile down the road from River Cottage HQ.
3. The owners of Cranberries are also kindly offering the winners either a free beauty treatment (facial or full body massage) or clay pigeon shoot (20 shots).
All you need to do is redeem the prize by the end of 2013.
FANCY WINNING? Ah, I thought you might!
‘Tis easy peasy and takes, ooh, 10 seconds.
1. Sign up to the River Cottage newsletter here.
Please note: you need to do this step or you won’t be entered into the competition.
That’s it, you’re in the hunt for the prize! If you like, you can enter up to a further two times by:
2. Following Muddy Stilettos on twitter here
3. Liking Muddy Stilettos on Facebook here
By signing up to River Cottage you will also automatically receive the Muddy Stilettos newsletters (you can unsubscribe at any time, though why you would want to is a mystery).
One of my children will draw the winner on 28 August. They are utterly uncorruptible unless, um, ice-cream is involved. Vanilla, strawberry and chocolate all accepted.