Can Muddy get even better? (Er, yes)
Hmmm, you’ve reached an older feature - let’s get you up to date! Read our latest Hero features here.
So I have been busy squirreling behind the scenes improving the design and editorial over the last few weeks. Do you give the tiniest chuff? Possibly not, but I’m going to tell you anyway just for the hell of it.
1. You have a slightly bigger font to read. A ‘You may also like‘ function that actually works. And a cute ‘Comment‘ tab that pops up that I’d love you to use so that I don’t feel that I’m all on my own in my little cubby hole writing for me, myself and I! Please comment on posts that you like (or dislike). I love to hear from you and always reply.
2. There are more posts visible now – the four on the slidemenu at the top of the page, plus another 6 going down the page so you can find previous posts easier. Don’t forget you can use the search button too. That might sound a bit ‘der’ but you’d be surprised! You can access other Recent Posts down the bottom of the blog.
3. The Pinboard is higher in the new design because it’s small community stuff and it’s important, peeps! Little businesses and projects that don’t have the funds to advertise properly can go on the pinboard for £10 a week and there are always interesting bit and bobs going on. Go on, check it out.
4. One of my favourite bits on Muddy Stilettos, should I so bold as to blow my own trumpet, is My Favourite Places, where celebs or interesting people tell me where they like to hang out in Bucks, Oxon and beyond. I’ve moved this slot into the Culture dropdown menu.
5. The businessy bit (because it’s time I made some money!). My lovely sponsors are now visible 100% of the time down the side of the blog, whatever page is clicked. That’s 40,000 views coming your way every month. And by the way, dear would-be advertisers, I have added some new value ad rates if anyone wants to get in touch for my updated media pack. Just saying.
That’s kind of it for now. Please keep feeling the love for Muddy Stilettos and spread the word if you can.