Here comes Bonfire Night!
Remember remember the 5th of November? Any excuse for a party - here's our Bonfire Night styling inspo.
Spark up the, er, sparklers, Bonfire Night is upon us! If you’re skipping the local fireworks display in favour of planning a bash in your back garden, we’ve curated a few groovy bits’n’pieces to help your party go with a bang (not too much of a bang of course – we don’t want to have to call the fire brigade).
1. How’s this for a modern take on the bonfire? This chic firebowl (£199) from North Oxon outdoor living specialists Rosara will provide the requisite flames, but won’t rage out of control and set your fence on fire. Plus you can toast marshmallows on it.
2. You must have pumpkin soup at a bonfire night party, it’s the law. Ladle it out into these suitably autumnal hare or deer print mugs from H&M (£2.99)
3. Need a livener? Here, have a warming gulp of whiskey in one of these cute mason jar style shot glasses from Zara Home (£7.99 for a set of three). We won’t tell anyone.
4. If, like me, you’re missing the domestic goddess gene, you’ll appreciate these time-saving ready-made toffee apples (£17.50 for a box of 10) from The Event Experts.
5. If you’re ferrying a constant stream of drinks and nibbles outside, you’ll need a good stack of trays to hand. These cheap’n’cheerful leopard-print ones from Zara Home (£7.99) are fun. They also come in tiger-print.
6. The problem with being outdoors of a November evening is that it’s bloody freezing. Snuggle up in these Rosara pure wool throws (£49)
7. Just because you’re outside, you shouldn’t neglect the lighting! This handcut antique nickel lantern (£159) has wow-factor if you load it up with candles or fairylights.
7. One for committed cooks, this sleek Uuni Pro outdoor oven (£499) is great for pizzas (it’ll do your dough in 60 seconds flat), roasts, bread and lots more. It runs on wood, wood pellets, charcoal or gas and for feeding the masses in your garden, freeing you up to light the fireworks and enjoy your own showstopping moment.