Step into my office…
Rosara sun-loungers and much more - Muddy's guide to the best outdoor furniture.
Here we are, hard at work at Muddy HQ, beavering away at the coalface of award-winning journalism. Aren’t we troopers?
With summer finally arriving, we’ve swapped our office swivel chairs for these rocking wooden sun-loungers, complete with fold-away side-tables, which we find very handy for our G&Ts… erm, I mean, important business documents. They’re from Rosara, the North Oxon outdoor living specialists at Nicholsons Nurseries. (I wrote about their lovely yurt cafe here – if you want to browse in person rather than online, it’s well worth the trip.)
The only problem is, they’re so snazzy, they’re making the rest of my garden furniture look a bit decrepit. Time for an upgrade? After all, fingers crossed, we’ll be spending the next few months al fresco.
Here’s my outdoor living wish list …
(Above, clockwise from top left) 1. Bright, breezy and a bonafide bargain – check out this cute Habitat yellow bistro set, £76 down from £95 in the sale. If you buy this, the sun will shine forever I reckon (Parc bistro set, £76, Habitat)
2. Sofa, so good? (Sorry, I’ve never met a crap joke I didn’t like). This is a three-seater, but it’ll be solely occupied by me, myself and I (Ariel sofa, £550, John Lewis)
3. Where deckchairs and art collide…. yes really. The technicolour dream chair was inspired by David Hockney’s iPad paintings (Maui deckchair, £48, Habitat)
4. This pizza firepit is a multi-tasker – it’ll cook your margherita and then warm up the patio as the sun dips down (pizza firepit, £100, Next)
(Above, from left) 1. When did gazebos get so fancy pants? This one is simple and chic and basically a portable conservatory (Applaro gazebo, £250, Ikea)
2. Excuse me while I lock my children in the cellar and have a sublime snooze (Oli hammock, £425, Rosara)
3. I love this unusual combo of dainty white metal lattice-work chairs and hefty oak table (Montpellier armchair, £325; Riviera round dining table, £720, Rosara)