FREE DINNER ALERT AT THE LONG HOUSE, NORFOLK!
Hmmm, you’ve reached an older feature - let’s get you up to date! Read our latest Coastal Travel features here.
This little beauty just dropped into my email and I thought you’d want to know about it. If you work, call in sick. If you have children, draw some dots on them and call it measles.
During October the fantabulous Living Architecture people are offering a specially prepared dinner at The Long House for you and your guests – for free (ie. no cost to you).
They have teamed up with one of Norfolk’s best caterers (At Your Place, from Byfords in Holt) to offer the bookers of mid-week breaks in October a special meal for up to ten people. The meal will be prepared for you personally by a chef at The Long House.
All you need to do is book your October 2013 midweek break at The Long House. They’ll then contact you to confirm your choices (ie. which night during your holiday you would like your special meal, how many guests will be staying and the menu choices you wish to make).
All you have to do is luxuriate at The Long House, in my humble opinion one of the most gorgeous of all the LA properties, and enjoy your meal!
All the menus and details below.
The offer is available for the following dates:
You will be able to make your selection in advance from the following menu*:
- Langoustine and cep mushroom salad with mustard dressing
- Pan fried pigeon breast with roast chicory and pickled walnuts
- Cream of cauliflower and sorrel soup
- Colonial spiced mussel chowder
- Roast haunch of Norfolk venison with smoked garlic mash, roasted root vegetables, juniper spiced gravy
- Pot roast partridge, pearl barley and new season squash stew
- Norfolk coast “hotch potch” bubbling bowls of Norfolk’s finest fish and shellfish in saffron cream with toasted sour dough
- Plum and quince crumble with proper custard
- Baked apple with candied oats and rhubarb gelato
- Warm chocolate and almond cake with Bailey’s cream and a hazelnut tuille
How it works:
- You book your midweek stay at The Long House (from the dates above)
- They contact you and ask you to a) select the date that you would like to take dinner and b) make your menu selection for all diners in advance
- A chef will arrive 1–1.5 hours before your chosen dinner time and prepare dinner for you in The Long House kitchen
- All you have to do is enjoy your meal (leave the dishwasher stacking til the next day!)
- Offer for a maximum of 10 people (ie. those staying at the house)
- Valid for bookings between : 30 September-4 October, 14-18 October, 21-25 October and 28 October–1 November 2013 only
- *Menu subject to change – in the case of supply or availability issues
- Dinner date to be agreed within mid-week stay
- Drinks (ie. wine, spirits, soft drinks) are not included
- No cash alternative is offered
- You need to make your menu choices no more than 5 days after receiving your booking confirmation
- Please note: no changes to dinner arrangements or menu choices can be accepted within 5 days of the chosen date of your meal
- Dinner to be served between 7–9pm
- Any special dietary needs will be considered but cannot be guaranteed
- Living Architecture will not enter into any discussions between you and the supplier